Arkansas school district virtually totally powered by huge ground-mount solar project
- El Dorado School District (ESD) School Board as well as faculty members gathered to commemorate the district's freshly built 1.75-MWAC solar array. The project will certainly balance out 88% of the district's power use as well as expenses, saving ESD over $128,000 every year in energy costs.
ESD became part of a Solar Services Agreement (SSA) with Entegrity, an energy efficiency and also solar company headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas. With an SSA, the district creates financial savings by buying renewable energy from Entegrity at a fixed price lower than their current power rate.
"We are exceptionally excited to see this project revived. Thanks to the School Board's support, this project will bring our schools considerable cost financial savings over its lifetime as well as allow us to draw away funds to sustain our students and also their discovering environment," said Jim Tucker, superintendent of El Dorado School District.
ESD students will certainly acquire firsthand experience with the rapidly expanding renewable resource industry, finding out just how solar energy favorably influences their day-to-day lives.
- EDP contracts 50 MWp of distributed PV capacity in Poland in 2022
- EDPR begin on 20.6 MWac of Dutch solar projects
- Brazil clears 100 MW of solar projects from Oct 14 tender
- Palisade packages 1 GW of assets right into new renewables platform
- Silicon Ranch finishes 6.7-MW solar project for Tennessee community