Ampt delivers 240MW of string optimisers to Latin America's 'largest solar-plus-storage' project
- Power conversion technology supplier Ampt has provided 240MW of string optimisers to the "largest solar-plus-storage plant" in Latin America according to Ampt.
Situated in the Atacama desert in Chile, the string optimisers will connect the 240MW solar PV plant to a 112MW/560MWh DC-coupled energy storage space system.
The project will provide renewable sources to Sierra Gorda SCM's copper mining operations approximately Antofagasta, which has one of the highest degree of solar irradiation in the world.
" We are pleased to be part of this record-setting PV+ storage power plant," stated Levent Gun, Ampt Chief Executive Officer. "It genuinely establishes the criterion for transmission-level use of energy storage to enhance grid reliability while gaining from the energy independence and also reduced price of renewables."
- Duke Energy builds 1st utility-scale project in Florida county
- Erdgas Suedwest, partner strategy 6-MWp floating PV project in southern Germany
- Shell to make use of Inaccess monitoring for 100-MW Dutch wind-solar hybrid
- Comerc to acquire 28.5-MWp of solar DG power in Brazil
- Iraq prepares to construct 150 MW of solar parks in Al Anbar province