Amazon announces 8 brand-new U.S. solar projects
- Amazon has actually introduced 18 brand-new utility-scale wind and solar energy projects across the U.S., Finland, Germany, Italy, Spain as well as the U.K., completing 5.6 GW of bought capacity to date in 2021.
Amazon now has 274 renewable energy projects globally as well as is on a course to power 100% of its service procedures with renewable resource by 2025-- five years earlier than its initial 2030 commitment.
These brand-new utility-scale wind and also solar projects bring Amazon's overall dedicated sustainable power production capacity to more than 12 GW and also 33,700 GWh when the projects become totally functional. The projects will supply renewable resource for Amazon's business workplaces, satisfaction centers as well as Amazon Web Services (AWS) information centers that sustain countless consumers globally. The projects will certainly also help Amazon satisfy its commitment to create the clean energy equivalent of the power utilized by all customer Echo devices.
" We are moving quickly and deliberately to reduce our carbon exhausts and also resolve the environment crisis," said Kara Hurst, VP of worldwide sustainability at Amazon. "Substantial investments in renewable resource around the world are an important action in providing on The Environment Pledge, our commitment to reach net-zero carbon by 2040, one decade ahead of the Paris Contract."
Complying with today's news, Amazon is the biggest corporate purchaser of renewable resource in the world, with 274 international projects consisting of 105 utility-scale wind and also solar projects and 169 solar roofs on facilities as well as shops worldwide. The brand-new U.S. solar projects introduced today consist of:
- 8 brand-new projects throughout the united state: Amazon added more than 1 GW of utility-scale solar projects in the U.S., including Amazon's first solar projects in Arizona and Georgia, and extra projects in Ohio, Texas as well as Virginia. In total amount, Amazon has enabled more than 6 GW of renewable resource in the united state with 62 projects.
- A 2nd solar project coupled with power storage space: Based in Arizona, Amazon's second solar project coupled with power storage makes it possible for the firm to straighten solar generation with durations of the best need, also when the sunlight is not radiating. The 300-MW solar project is paired with a 150-MW battery energy storage system and also brings Amazon's battery storage space projects to 220 MW.
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- PowerMarket, SunRaise flip turn on big Maine community solar project
- Verde Solutions to install 370-kW bifacial solar project for Illinois producer
- Standard Solar acquires 2.9-MW community PV park in Maryland
- Statkraft, Better Energy ink 36-MW solar PPA for zero-subsidy Polish project