Aldoga Solar Farm: 380MW to Power CQ-H2
Dec 1, 2023 12:33 PM ET
- Acciona Energía's revolutionary solar farm, expected to be the largest in Australia, is set to revolutionise the country's renewable energy sector by 2026. Be part of this exciting project!
It is expected to be the largest solar farm in Australia when operational in 2026. The project is part of Acciona Energía’s strategy to become a leader in the country’s renewable energy sector.
Will Acciona Energía Become Australia's Largest Solar Farm?
- The solar farm will be located on a 9,000-hectare site in the New South Wales town of Moree, and will have a generation capacity of 1,000 megawatts.
- The project is expected to create up to 400 jobs during construction and up to 35 permanent positions.
- The site will cover an area of about 4,000 hectares, of which about 2,000 hectares will be used for solar panels.
- Acciona Energía has signed a long-term contract with the Australian energy market operator to supply the solar farm's output.
- The solar farm will be connected to the national grid, and the energy it generates will be enough to power about 500,000 homes.
- Acciona Energía plans to invest up to A$1 billion in the project.
- The solar farm has been granted planning permission by the New South Wales government and is expected to be operational by 2026.
- The project is part of Acciona Energía’s commitment to reducing emissions and contributing to a low-carbon economy.