AGL Energy chose Wärtsilä as vendor for 1,000 MW grid-scale power storage space plan
- Australian AGL Energy Limited has actually picked Wärtsilä, Finland, as one of both providers for their as much as 1,000 MW grid-scale energy storage plans.
Wärtsilä has actually signed a non-exclusive five-year frame arrangement to supply power storage space projects in collaboration with AGL. According to the company, this will certainly decrease tender timeframes for private projects, enabling faster project timetables as well as commercial operation. Along with its energy storage space as well as power monitoring systems, Wärtsilä's complete design, procurement as well as construction (EPC) capacities were among the reasons for AGL to select Wärtsilä as an energy storage space technology companion.
In 2020, AGL introduced strategies to establish energy storage space installations in Victoria (200 MW), New South Wales (200 MW) and South Australia (250 MW). "The grid-scale energy storage space strategies will play an essential duty in Australian power industry's change from traditional fossil fuels in the direction of cleaner power," claims the company.
" Australia is a nation with exceptional renewable resource sources and also an unique chance to quickly decarbonise as well as relocate in the direction of renewable energy," claimed Kari Punnonen, Director, Australasia, Wärtsilä Energy. "Flexible capacity such as power storage space will be needed to balance renewables and also maintain the grid stable and trusted."
- Yamaha, Honda, KTM, and Piaggio Team Up to Produce Swappable Batteries Consortium
- Neoen Completes Financing for 300 MW Victorian Big Battery in Australia
- Tesvolt introduces brand-new power storage space for industrial use
- New Lithium Batteries by WECO
- VivoPower indicators battery innovation collaboration with Tottenham Hotspur FC