547-kW solar array mounted on Goodwill training facility in Virginia
- RER Energy Group developed a rooftop solar array on the Roanoke Jobs Campus structure in Roanoke, Virginia for Goodwill Industries of the Valleys. The brand-new rooftop solar array is just one of numerous solar projects that RER Energy Group has actually established for Goodwill companies and also the first gotten by Standard Solar.
" This is our 2nd solar array. Solar makes economic sense for Goodwill, and it aligns with our worth of stewardship," said Jackson Green, primary monetary and conformity officer for Goodwill Industries of the Valleys. "The new range will certainly save us money and be a long-lasting option to climbing energy prices. The money saved will attend to even more chances for future financial investment in individuals, programs as well as new ventures which will certainly reinforce our goal and also the communities we offer. We are devoted to reducing the carbon impact of Goodwill."
The 547.92 kW project is expected to produce 90% of the building's onsite electrical power requirements, creating 742 MWh of electrical energy each year.
" We praise Goodwill Industries of the Valleys for joining various other Goodwills that have actually currently gone solar and demonstrating how solar sustains the movement's general mission of sustainability," claimed Jim Kurtz, President RER.
Eric Partyka, director of business advancement at Standard Solar, included: "Adding this project to our industrial as well as industrial portfolio is a meaningful step in helping non-profits, including Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, benefit from the power of solar and also regulated energy prices. Taking on solar modern technology permits Goodwill to lower its carbon impact and also improve its goal to make sure every person can obtain the abilities and also sustains needed to earn a great task as well as development into a lasting occupation."
- Sojitz Corporation, Osaka Gas, Looop Partner for Rooftop Solar in Vietnam
- Distributed energy the future of solar in China
- Solar energy changes historic Harvard Square atrium
- Engenera completes 'site' rooftop PV install with 25-year PPA
- Assessing global electrical energy generation potential from rooftop solar photovoltaics