210mm solar manufacturers launch standardisation push to provide 'ideal possible scale'
- A consortium of solar module, cell and also wafer manufacturers have suggested to standardise 210mm item dimensions in a quote to accomplish the "ideal feasible scale" for the solar industry.
In a declaration issued late recently, 8 makers signed up with pressures to propose a series of wafer, cell as well as module sizes as well as layouts that they state should become the industry requirement for 210mm modules progressing.
Those makers consist of Trina Solar, Risen Energy, Canadian Solar, Huansheng Photovoltaic (Jiangsu), Tongwei, Runergy, Zhonghuan Semiconductor and also Wuxi Shangji.
"Through the standardisation of silicon wafers to 210mm in addition to module dimension, the market will certainly attain the very best feasible scale, as well as empower all businesses to improve production effectiveness, optimise supply, and also drive technological innovation," the statement checked out.
The suppliers have additionally claimed that in standardising currently, with 210mm wafer and also module production readied to ramp over the coming years, the level of first investment needed will certainly be reduced, lowering the general cost of solar generation.
The sizes recommended include a selection of 210mm, +/- 0.25 mm, as the conventional dimension of silicon wafers for the 210-- 220mm size range under the SEMI Photovoltaic Standards, while a collection of wanted dimensions as well as layouts for modules has actually likewise been advanced.
The consortium is promoting two sector typical silicon wafer sizes, with sizes of 295mm or 285mm, while two particular module sizes have actually been consisted of, one including 120 half-cut cells and one more including 132 half-cut cells.
The standardised 120-cell module holds measurements of 2172 x 1303mm, while the 132-cell module is a little taller at 2384mm, with the exact same size.
- LONGi to develop 20GW solar module project in Anhui in most current capacity development
- As US Continues Pressure On Chinese Manufacturers, Solar Growth Stalls
- Modules becoming more powerful however witness increasing failure rates in 'year of successes' for PVEL's Module Reliability Scorecard
- Trina Solar Lays Claim To Second Rank As Module Supplier Globally
- Eight solar suppliers picked for further scrutiny in AD/CVD investigation